Thursday 24 December 2020

Building a dam | Summer learning journey

 Today I completed the dam task of the summer learning journey.

First I went on the summer learning job to find out what a dam is. I watched both to understand what a dam is. 

A dam is a barrier that stops the flow of water.

After getting a better understanding of what a dam is, I started doing my template. After completing my dam on the template I wrote what materials I used and why I used them. My materials were sticks, mud, rocks and leaves. 

In my template you can see why I decided to used these materials. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Siale

    Cool diagram, it looks really professional! You’ve included lots of mud which I think is the key to a good DIY dam from what I’ve been seeing.

    Do you think you’ll go out and try to build it in real life?

    Meri Kirihimete, Merry Christmas,
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siale

    A great and thoughtful design. You are correct in using the mud. It is definitely like a glue in holding everything together. It would be good to try out your design

    Good to see you involved in the SLJ. Keep up these big efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.