Sunday 3 January 2021

Summer learning journey | Saying happy new years in different languages

 Today I completed the happy new years in different languages task.

In different languages we had to say happy new year.We had to used 5 languages.

The languages I used to say happy to celebrate the new year were: Tongan, German, Dutch (Netherlands), Samoan, and Hawaiian.

The Polynesian languages I knew because my Mum and Grandma are Tongan, Samoa and Hawaiian. The both of them started teaching me when I was a little baby. 

The European languages I knew because when I was little my Grandfather used to teach words bit by bit in German and a little bit of dutch.

I found this task easy because most of these languages I learnt how to speak in them from family members. 

1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Siale, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Well done, you have done an awesome job with this activity!

    My favourite part about your post is that you’ve drawn from your own interactions with different languages. It is always very special when we get to draw from our own knowledge, or the knowledge of those close to us!

    You have not only done a great job with your languages, but with your DLO too! I really like your layout, with the name of the languages, the translation to the languages and the flag of where it’s spoken! It’s very easy to follow and great fun to look at, so ka pai!

    If you had to learn a language fluently that you don’t know already, what would you choose? My top 3 that I want to learn are te reo Māori, Italian and New Zealand Sign Language!

    Keep up the great blogging Siale and well done!

    Ngā mihi nui and Tau Hou hari,
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.